Run in nature with an incredible view over the city of Lisbon. Monsanto is the great "lung" of Lisbon. The largest green area in the city. The biggest escape for running, cycling or walking.
We will discover by running (most of the time 😀) the best secret points at Monsanto and its history.
Monsanto has 900 Hectares. We will see many viewpoints, the high security prison, many parks and beautiful gardens inside the tour.
You can reach it by car, train and subway.
Starting point and finishing line is at the car park with access east of campolide, near “Sete Rios” Train and Subway Station:
- Covid 19 - hydroalcoholic gel, and an infrared thermometer (temperature checks are mandatory at the start of the tour);
- free digital pictures and videos sent after the tour;
- waterproof running jacket in case of rain (subject to availability);
- non-sparkling water bottle.
WHAT'S YOU SHOULD BRING ALONG
- Please come with your own mask;
- Your credit card and/or some pocket money in case of an emergency;
- Clothes and trainers appropriate for running and the weather;
- Please notice that we can’t store any bags or voluminous items. Come with what you (and us) can actually carry while running.
- this is a running tour for intermediate to advanced runners. You’re not required to run fast, but you have to be able to run at least 5 km (3 miles);
- minimum age: 12 years old;
- we only allow minors of 18 years old when they have the expressed authorization of their parents or responsible adults;
- our experience starts on time. In order not to ruin the experience to the other guests, we kindly ask you to arrive at our meeting point around 15 minutes earlier. Please understand that we can't wait for any delays;
- if you feel you're going to be late, let us know as soon as possible;
- our tours go on rain or shine. In the event of a great storm, we'll contact you for cancellations and rescheduling. If you don't hear from us, this means that we are keeping the tour
- this experience is not suitable for wheelchairs and children in strollers (Monsanto Forest Park and Historic Lisbon);
- it's also possible to make this experience entirely private for you and/or your group, including the pick-up and drop-off service at your place (provided it's not located outside 15 km of the starting point). Consult us for the pricing for private running tours .